This beautiful dish is perfect as a low carb alternative to most ‘rice’ dishes considering the ‘rice’ is actually made out of cauliflower! Here it is…
RECIPE |Parmesan Coated Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 3 large chicken breast – sliced into fillets (or 6 chicken thighs fillets)
▪ 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
▪ 1 tsp paprika or roast chicken seasoning
▪ 1 tsp Italian herbs
▪ 4 tbsp unsalted butter
▪ 1 whole head of cauliflower – cut into florets
▪ 1 Brown onion – chopped
▪ 4 large cloves garlic – minced
▪ 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
▪ Juice of one lemon
▪ 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a large plate, combine the Parmesan, paprika (or roast seasoning) & Italian herbs. Season the chicken with S+P & coat the chicken with the Parmesan mixture. Shake off excess, set aside.
- In a large pan over med-high heat add half of the butter & cook the chicken until golden & cooked through (approx. 3-4 mins on each side) – transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile add the cauliflower florets in a food processor/chopper and process until cauliflower resembles rice in size (this may need to be done in batches)
- In the same pan that the chicken was cooked in, add the rest of the butter & fry the garlic & onion for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the riced cauliflower & stir well to coat for a further 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, lemon juice & parsley (you could also add a tbsp of extra Parmesan cheese here if you like), stir & cook for 1 min to slightly reduce.
- Season to taste! Transfer rice to serving dish (cover to keep warm) & add the chicken back to the pan to heat. Once heated through top the cauliflower rice with the heated chicken.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh parsley, lemon slices/wedges, grated Parmesan & chilli flakes